This tutorial explains the method to export Apple Mail MBOX emails to MS Outlook PST or Office 365 files. It describes the process of exporting Apple Mail mailboxes to MBOX and then conversion of the MBOX files to PST. The procedure to import resultant PST files to MS Outlook 2016 version is also explained. So let’s begin a detailed guide and tutorial.
With advancement in technology, the mode of communication has changed to the digital mode. A lot of applications are used by users world-wide for communication both at Individual and Enterprise levels. This includes web email apps, desktop email apps and mobile based applications. In all these apps, some are available for free while some are paid apps with extended features.
The widely utilized email clients are Mozilla Thunderbird, Windows Live Mail, Windows Mail, Spicebird, Entourage Google Mail, Turnpike, Apple Mail or Mac Mail, IncrediMail, The Bat!, Horde Mail, Sylpheed, Eudora and many more. Few of these apps are developed for Web Access only, while some are released as desktop versions and some offer both web-based and desktop-based access to mailbox data.
Even Operating Systems such as Windows and Mac comes integrated with email applications. Built-in email client for Mac OS X is Mac Mail or Apple Mail and for Windows, the integrated email apps are Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail. Amongst paid apps are MS Outlook, undoubtedly the most preferred email client that offers extra-ordinary communication and calendaring features.
Users sometimes need to switch the email clients or the operating systems due to many personal and professional reasons. The common scenario is when you are using Mac and want to access your Apple Mail emails in MS Outlook on Windows Operating System. For this, you will need to export Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 PST file format.
You can do it manually by configuring an IMAP account but this can be time-consuming as it requires setting up multiple user accounts and transfer of numerous emails. This involves the risk of data loss; also, the integrity and structure of mailbox items is at stake, when using manual conversion procedures.
Alternatively, you can perform conversion using third-party professional email converter tools. Stellar MBOX to PST Converter (Technician) allows converting emails from Apple Mail to MS Outlook. Using the professional MBOX to PST conversion software, you can export Apple Mail to Outlook 2016 supported PST format following two major steps:
- Export Apple Mail Mailbox
- Convert Apple Mail MBOX Files to Outlook PST
Let’s look at each step in detail.
Step # 1: Export Apple Mail Mailbox
- Launch Apple Mail program
- Select the main Mail Folder (If you want to select multiple items press and hold Shift and Down Arrow key simultaneously)
- Right-click to select Export Mailbox… option
- Select a desired location to save the file and click on Choose
With this, the Apple Mail mailboxes are exported to MBOX. You are now ready to convert Apple Mail MBOX to Office 365 or MS Outlook supported file format with the help of Stellar MBOX to PST Converter Technician software.
Step # 2: Convert MBOX File to MS Outlook (PST) or Office 365
- For getting started, you will need to download and install Stellar MBOX to PST Converter (Technician) software on Windows machine
- Upload the Apple Mail MBOX file that needs to be exported to Outlook PST or Office 365 file format
- Select the desired file format from MS Outlook 2016 or Office 365
- Specify location to store the converted file on hard drive
Why Import MBOX to PST with Automated Converter Tool?
The following are the benefits provided by the tool while converting data from Apple Mail MBOX to Office 365 or Outlook PST:
- The software allows converting multiple MBOX emails to PST simultaneously
- Apart from MS Outlook and Office 365, MBOX files can be converted to HTML, RTF, PDF file formats
- You can preview the converted items before they are actually converted and stored to any of the selected formats
- Original structure of Apple Mail MBOX mailboxes are maintained and attributes remain intact
- Apart from MS Outlook 2016, all lower versions of the application including Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 and 2003 are supported
- Not even a single bit of mailbox data is compromised while conversion and original format of integrated contents is maintained throughout the conversion process
- You can either create a new PST or can save converted data to existing Outlook profile or file while saving data to Outlook PST
- Apart from Apple Mail, MBOX files created on Thunderbird, Spicebird, Pocomail, Sylpheed, Entourage, Opera Mail, Cone, Claws Mail, Mulberry, Mutt, NetScape, Mozilla Mail, SeaMonkey and other web and desktop based email clients can be converted to Outlook PST format
When conversion procedure completes, the next task is to import the resultant PST files to MS Outlook 2016. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Launch MS Outlook 2016 and click on File in the menu bar, select Open and then click on Import
- In the then displayed Import and Export Wizard, click on Import from another program or file and then click on Next
- In Import a File dialog box, click on Outlook Data File (.pst) and click on Next
- Next, locate the PST file that requires importing to Outlook 2016 by clicking on the Browse button
- In the Options section, select appropriate option to avoid or allow conversion of duplicated items and click on Next
- In Import Outlook Data File dialog box, select mailbox folders that you need to import and click on Finish
Note:The procedure to import PST files in MS Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 and lower versions may slightly vary from the above mentioned procedure.